Lately I've been loving mornings. Now I realize that's not something most people would ever believe. And to be honest, it's once I'm past the whole waking up part and the coffee making process that the morning becomes enjoyable. I just never thought I'd be any kind of a morning person at all. I should probably add that morning means 7:00 or 8:00. Anything earlier is basically nighttime. And lets face it, I'm not much of a night person either. When people ask if I'm a night person or a morning person, I generally reply that I'm an afternoon person. I could say it's because of Rowan and that I'm always a little sleep deprived which would be somewhat honest. However, I remember receiving a set of sheets for my 18th or 19th birthday from my then boyfriend's mom. The sheets had a sleeping bear printed on them with the words, " I LOVE TO SLEEP". I've also been known to crawl into bed and sleep during parties that I've hosted. And that was during my twenties, so I'm pretty sure Rowan isn't fully to blame.
However, the point to all of this is what happens each morning that makes them so much fun. Rowan wakes up about the same time - I guess he's not a morning person either. So begins the Rowan show, which varies slightly each day, but is always fun to sit back and watch. While Brian and I lounge on the couch and enjoy our coffee, Rowan tends to sprint, bike, shimmy, or dance his way back and forth across the house. He occasionally does this while yelling or pointing out objects he's recently learned waiting for us to recognize this, "go-go" (garbage), "may- may" (tomatoes or maters), "dan" (dance or music), "eye-yay" (Allie). If we get it right, he moves on to another object and if we get it wrong, sometimes he'll just say, "no, no, no, no, no", shaking his head. And in the middle of the chaos, he occasionally has to stop and either start spinning in circles or walk backwards, or better yet, have one of us scoot him around in his beer box. By the way, he calls beer, "eye-oh" (ice colds). Here are a couple beer box shots.
Oh I love that boy! His happy times are so darn happy.
ReplyDelete