After viewing the Mettlinger blog, I was certain there was nothing I could possibly add to the already existing cuteness seen here:
http://mettlingers.blogspot.com/2011/07/straw.html and here:
http://mettlingers.blogspot.com/2011/07/best-friends.html. I want to say that I was incapable of taking any good photos because I was absolutely dumbfounded by the lack of beer tents at the Celtic festival. No beer? Celts didn't drink beer?? I mean, we could see the enormous bellies on the gigantic bearded and kilt clad men. They DON'T drink beer? Then I remembered who I was with (besides Rowan and Abby), and realized that was no excuse. I'm quite certain Sus was just as distracted, but STILL took fantastic photos. Well, I've added a few anyhow, but I encourage you to look at the links above. AND, an hour later, after cruising around, playing on the castle/fortress, watching the bagpipe players and searching for the sheepdog demos, the sun shone brightly upon the Jousting Pub, where lo and behold, Guiness was being served. From there we had a fantastic view of the highland games where gigantic men and women were involved in the caber toss (giant logs) and the sheaf toss (heavy burlap sack being tossed over a pole vault like bar with a pitch fork). Though I'm quite certain Rowan and Abby provided a bit of entertainment for most as well.

He's quite emphatic as to why we should NOT leave the fortress just yet.
No, not ready yet. "Row still playing"
No, still not ready
Abby applauds the bagpipe players.
Does this look suspicious to you?
Searching for Nessie.
Huck
A pretty girl and her monkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment