I've probably mentioned we have a couple of avocado trees. We've eaten them all, but a new crop is taking shape and looking pretty good.
But have I mentioned how naughty Iris is with the avocados?
Once the new crop appeared on the trees, every day hundreds of small unripened ones would drop to the ground. And every day Iris would immediately run outside and stuff as many as she could inside her mouth. We'd chase after her and pry every cherry sized choker out of her mouth over and over again. I started sticking her inside a backpack every time I did yard work. She was rather vocal about being separated from her avocados. She has since developed a habit of sneaking the avocados. If you ask her about it, she'll slyly show you her avocado, smile, and then start running away from you.
They are now apricot sized and I've stopped prying them out of her cheeks and fingers.
Now she just wallows in orneriness




But she still looks so sweet when she's ornery!
ReplyDelete