A little something about a boy and a girl, their dogs, their adventures, a few flowers...and a wee bit of running.







Monday, October 3, 2011

Dune

We climbed a long set of stairs through the forest...stepped out of the shadows of the trees and came upon this...
It kept going as far as we could see north and south. To the west was Lake Michigan, to the east, Silver Lake, and above was nothing but bright blue sky.
Everyone immediately started running around like crazy. Dunes do that to you. It's hard to not think about giant sandworms...and spice.

Alex keeps Abby from blowing away

Quasimodo shadow

Searching for sandworms

Alex and Allie


launching with a pack a dogs
Rowan & Allie
A little Fremen? I mean, you have seen his eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Those dunes are awesome! Kind of sad I never thought to run and jump down them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I read dune, I had to put it down near the beginning, when they talked about their pee suits. I just couldn't get past the thought of people drinking their pee. 'Course, I was 12 and pee is just gross at 12. By the time I was 22, drinking your pee was an okay idea for some reason.
    I hope you and your little fremen had something else to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the 'soft' version of Dune, wherein we go home and drink copious amounts of milk or beer.

    ReplyDelete