A little something about a boy and a girl, their dogs, their adventures, a few flowers...and a wee bit of running.







Monday, March 18, 2013

Malibu

Collectively, we work way fewer hours these days. I weigh in with a whopping zero hours of paid work (Yes!) and Brian puts in about 8 to 9 each weekday. This means that we actually get to see each other and hang out. Crazy, huh? It also means we have to entertain ourselves without actually spending any money, but we're well accustomed to that anyhow. We have decided to explore someplace new but relatively close every weekend. So far, in two and a half months, we've gone hiking at Mt. Baldy (searching for snow), Monrovia Canyon Falls (several times), Chantry Flat, Griffith Park (train museum), Newport Beach (Iris & I), Santa Monica Pier, and this last weekend, Solstice Canyon in Malibu.
 
Dogs and boys

Botanizing...or pulling apart flowers, which is more or less the same at times.

Malibu Baby

Lunch break

Impromptu dance break

 Dancing on top of Malibu

 Hey look, it's Malibu baby again.

 Dichelostemma capitatum (?) better know as Blue dicks. That's right folks.

 The end of the trail.

We also got your spare bedroom ready this weekend and it is Iris approved!

1 comment:

  1. Biologists have the weirdest sense of humor. I've tried to explain that to my students when I teach, and they don't get it. We're quite dirty. I suppose that's what happens when you talk about sex (ie evolution) most of the time.

    ReplyDelete