A little something about a boy and a girl, their dogs, their adventures, a few flowers...and a wee bit of running.







Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Panama - Part 1

I spend an unnatural amount of time looking at dead plants or more recently, an unnatural amount of time looking at dead fungi on top of dead plants. Sometimes I mix it up and look at dead ferns or dead mosses or dead algae. Sometimes I get lucky and get to look at a dead liverwort. Yes, it gets pretty exciting around here. The last couple of weeks I was thrown into the world of the living for a yearly meeting that's always held somewhere in Latin America. 
                               A few native Panamanians      
                               Sweet Mariela and her dog Canela
               Did I mention there were some non-native species there?

           ......growing wild on the beach
               and while he may be a pest, he's certainly non-threatening

5 comments:

  1. I wish I were running naked in the sand right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Me too. I pretty much always wish for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooopss. I think I already posted this once, but I forgot to type in the 'key phrase'... try again!
    He looks like a perfectly naturalized non-native species to me!
    Your photos are amazing! Love the one of the hummingbird especially--what kind of lens did you have for this shot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia - Brian took the one of the little hummer. He said he thought he used a 35-210 zoom. They were really, really close too, zooming around as hummers do.

    ReplyDelete