A little something about a boy and a girl, their dogs, their adventures, a few flowers...and a wee bit of running.







Monday, June 13, 2011

Ashley's Pony

Since we no longer have a horse, I get a little antsy from time to time thinking about how seldom Rowan is around them.. When he was really little, I was able to put him in his car seat carrier and leave him on a bale of hay while I groomed my horse. He could smell the barn and hear the snorts and whinnies of all the horse and have the occasional barn cat try to squeeze in with him. I just figured he'd grow up that way and assume horses were a normal part of his life. I always had a pony nearby when I was little. Always.

His friend, Ashley, does have a pony though (well, a very pretty and well fed Arabian really), and we've been invited on several occasions to hang out at her barn to visit and/or ride. I was hoping that if Rowan saw Ashley around the horses, he might not think that they're so scary, which has been the case for the past year.

You might happen to notice that there are no pictures of actual horses here....which may hint at how he really felt about them. However, there was one of THESE at the barn, which unsurprisingly,  did go over very well.


One of what?
One of these!
He took Ashley for a spin. And then, like any smart girl, she quickly wanted down so she could go back to the "neigh neighs"


Well, where there are horses, there's a lot of poop. Every barn needs a poop tractor driver, right?

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! He looks so darn happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a boy. Love him. My friend Lins' little boy loved jeeps the moment he saw them at eight months old. How do they do that???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, but I have informed him that YOU have a jeep. Prepare yourself!

    ReplyDelete